http://www.blogger.com/

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Home Stretch!

We are down to only a few days until Election Day! The last couple of months have been busy and I am optimistic that the hard work will result in a great result on Tuesday.

I absolutely could not have done this without both the financial and moral support of many people. I will never forget how my call for help to girlfriends Colleen and Jill was answered. Those special gals sprung into action and assembled an All-Star team to help. (Seriously, I get misty-eyed just thinking about it). Izz and Ann jumped in and coordinated an amazing fundraiser for the cause. There are too many people to thank here, but please know I appreciate everything more than words can say.

I have covered all my costs, except for the candidate's statement ($1509). Isn't it a shame that it costs so much just to put a statement in the Sample Ballot? If you'd like to help with offsetting that cost, any size donation is greatly appreciated. You can donate via the button on the right or send a check payable to "Friends of Lisa Lawrence" 12546 Highline Drive, Apple Valley, CA 92308.

By the way, I often do get calls and questions from people regarding our schools, and I welcome those calls. One thing I really love about Apple Valley is that our elected officials are so approachable and I want to be a part of that.

I look forward to posting some good news soon! Thanks again everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment